The May 11 webinar focused on current and planned initiatives for the quantification of highway safety performance, and how TRB Committees / Task Forces can work with the Highway Safety Performance Committee to foster the continual development, validation and increased knowledge of methods, procedures and measures that will increase the safety of the nation’s highways and roadways. Presentation topics included:
- Highway Safety Manual Overview
- Highway Safety Manual Implementation – goals and current initiatives
- Explicit Quantification of Highway Safety Performance
- Case Studies: Using the Highway Safety Manual
- Potential joint initiatives between “your” TRB Committee / Task Force and the Highway Safety Performance Committee.
Contributed by: User Liaison & Technology Facilitation Subcommittee, TRB ANB25
Contact: Michael.Dimaiuta.ctr AT dot.gov