The mission of the group is to support and act as a conduit for efforts by the HSPC to provide a forum to expand the knowledge related to the safety performance knowledge base. This will be accomplished by the development and conduct of sessions and workshops and seminars.
- Recommend mid-year meetings & workshops (purpose, content, date, place, etc.) to the committee which facilitates the achievement of its objectives.
- Oversee logistics for annual and mid-year meetings, as well as workshops.
- Consider necessity and recommend to the committee potential annual meeting sessions and assist other subcommittees regarding logistics if necessary.
- Develop general schedules and facilitate arrangements for annual meetings and mid-year meetings, in accordance with direction from the committee.
- Work with committee to consider the potential for a symposium relating to safety issues – similar to the TRB Urban Streets Symposium.
- As assigned by the Chair set up a task force to review strategic efforts planned by the committee.