Join us in congratulating the winners of the first Ron Pfefer Best Paper Award: Doug Harwood, Darren Torbic, and Karen Bauer for their paper titled: “Application of Highway Safety Manual Method for Ramp Crash Prediction to Loop and Diamond Ramps”. Visit https://trid.trb.org/View/1437933 to access the paper.
@TRBANB25We have quite a few activities ongoing during the TRB Annual Meeting this year:
- Synthesis of all safety related papers at the Annual Meeting this year: PDF
- List of our sponsored events: PDF
- Agenda for:
We are also tweeting again at the meeting this year – follow us at @TRBANB25 and be sure to tag all your tweets with #TRBAM (the general annual meeting handle).
TRB ANB25 received a Blue Ribbon Award for Advancing Research in 2013 for ‘Highway Safety Manual”
The May 11 webinar focused on current and planned initiatives for the quantification of highway safety performance, and how TRB Committees / Task Forces can work with the Highway Safety Performance Committee to foster the continual development, validation and increased knowledge of methods, procedures and measures that will increase the safety of the nation’s highways and roadways. Presentation topics included:
- Highway Safety Manual Overview
- Highway Safety Manual Implementation – goals and current initiatives
- Explicit Quantification of Highway Safety Performance
- Case Studies: Using the Highway Safety Manual
- Potential joint initiatives between “your” TRB Committee / Task Force and the Highway Safety Performance Committee.
Contributed by: User Liaison & Technology Facilitation Subcommittee, TRB ANB25
Contact: Michael.Dimaiuta.ctr AT dot.gov